It is that time of the year when ex-employees of Steel Authority of India (SAIL) as well as its steel plants like Bhilai (BSP), Rourkela (RSP), Bokaro, Durgapur, Salem, etc; run around to restore their medical insurance coverage premiums under the SAIL Mediclaim Scheme.
Ex-employees are generally under stress to get the mediclaim renewed for themselves and also their partners as they rarely get the renewal types on time, by message. Over these years, we have seen that Insurance Companies and also Third Party Administers (TPA) have not been extremely customer pleasant however, for the last few years, the renewal type is available online on the SAIL site and also there is additionally a stipulation to make the premium payment online through State Bank of India (SBI).
The online premium payment is a extremely simple and practical choice yet considering that a lot of the ex-employees might not be really Internet savvy, I think the ideal option would certainly be for their youngsters to pay it online. However, unlike in the past, to renew the Mediclaim for 2019-20, there is NO need to send out any type of form or receipt to FSS, only the online payment of premium is needed.
New latest Video For Three months FY2019-20.
Steps to make online SAIL Mediclaim premium payment for validity from 11-04-2019 to 10-07-2019:
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and click on the ‘State Bank Collect’ tab on the menu bar. Select ‘New Version’.
- Next page, Slect the chek the box ‘I have read and accepted the terms …’ and click on the Proceed button
- Next page – first select ‘National Capital Territory of Delhi’ from drop-down menu under ‘State of Corporate/Institution’ and then select ‘Industry’ under ‘Type of Corporate/Institution’ and then click the Go button
- Next page – select ‘Steel Authority of India Limited’ under Industry name and then click Submit Next page – select either ‘Mediclaim Self/ Mediclaim Spouse / Mediclaim Both’, from the drop-down menu, depending on your case
- Enter MIN (Medical Index Number): For ‘Mediclaim self’ or ‘Mediclaim both’, enter the MIN of Ex-employee. For option ‘spouse’ only, enter MIN of the spouse.
- On clicking ‘Submit’, the page displays member details. Premium amount will be automatically displayed
- Enter all other details, as required and then click Submit to proceed to the payment screen where the payment options along with the applicable transaction charges are displayed
- You can make payment through Credit Card / Debit Card / ATM Card / Net Banking. Please note there is a nominal transaction fee.
- On successful payment, please print the e-receipt for your records. If you don’t have a printer at home, please ‘Save as PDF’ and then take a printout outside.
Please note, for renewing the Mediclaim for three months in 2019-20 (from 11-04-2019 to 10-07-2019), there is NO need to send any form or receipt to FSS of your to your respective unit, only the online payment of premium is required.
Note: I have been using the online payment method to pay the premium payment for my parents’s mediclaim ever since it was introduced. It is very easy and convenient if you follow these steps. My father worked at IISCO Steel Plant (earlier known as – Kulti Growth Division) for 34 years. I being obidient son takes all the pain of mediclaim premium, OPD, IPD billing , email etc headache. I advice others too to make your parent comfortable and keep away them from the stress of doing all the jobs related to mediclaim.
Click here to download the SAIL Mediclaim notification details for three months 2019-20. The payment of renewal premium can be done from April 09 to May 10, 2019.
Click here to download the detail of the policy form SAIL website.